Do you want to spend some quality time with your family or friends? Well, a movie night might be the perfect way to bring all of you together. Let’s face it, going to the movie theater can be quite expensive. A family or a group trip to the movie theater can cost around seventy dollars. Thankfully, these days, we now have access to movie streaming services where you can plan and watch a movie right from the comfort of your home. In this article, we are going to give you some tips on how to plan the perfect movie night. We all love movies whether its at home or passing traveling on a plan or train.
- Remember to plan ahead – If you want a movie night with your family or friends, it is better to check your calendar first and plan ahead. Consider everyone’s schedule throughout the week and plan a movie night when everyone is available. Aside from being respectful of their time, you also give them something to look forward to.
- Pick the perfect movie – This might be one of the most challenging parts of planning a movie night. Suppose you’re planning to invite several people, including little ones. Why not play a movie that revisits one of your childhood memories, such as Wizard of Oz or E.T. if you are having an all-girl movie night, why not put on some romantic comedy movie such as Mr. and Mrs. Smith or When Harry Met Sally. We also suggest that you read the film reviews because there’s nothing worse than playing a movie to discover that it’s not good or inappropriate for the kids.
- Prepare the right snacks – No movie night is complete without the munchies! That is why in planning the perfect movie night, you need to get the right treats and snacks. Remember, you do not want to feed your guests anything that requires concentration, which is why forks, spoons, and knives are out. There are plenty of other snacks such as chips, popcorn, candies, ice cream, milkshakes, and even beef jerky. If you want too much on some more decadent snack, you can always go for pizza, chicken nuggets, pigs in a blanket, French fries, or other baked goods.
- Get your creative juices flowing – If you want to mix things up and keep things fun and exciting for your guests, you can take your movie outside your house if the weather is warm and the stars are out. You can go grab a projector, then hang up a blanket or sheet in your backyard, then watch the movie on the grass or lounging chairs while you’re having a small picnic.
- Get everybody comfortable – You do not want your guests to get all dressed up while sitting down and watching a movie. One of the best things about having a movie night at your house is that you can attend it in your most comfortable clothes. You can ask your guests to put on their most comfortable pajamas, then set up some pillows and blankets for them to use.
- Make sure everyone is not distracted – Before the movie starts, have your guests put away their electronics so you can make the most of your bonding time. Besides spending quality time with your family or friends, this is also the perfect opportunity to take a break from social media and spend some time with the ones that matter.
- Enjoy the movie – When you got everybody’s attention, they are comfortably seated, and they have everything they need at that moment, it is time to sit back and enjoy the movie. Relax, prop up your feet somewhere comfortable, and enjoy spending the night with your favorite persons in the world.